EMT east of Dixie HWY in S Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddejeu

For the longest time it has been common knowledge that you're not allowed to run EMT east of Dixie WHY in outside areas.
One of the jobs I'm doing I'm being aked by the engieer to show some documentation about this rule.
I have tried to look up a few venues and really can not come up with anything.
Can someone help me out and let me know, is this rule still in effect? And if yes, where I can find it?

Thank you.

Daniel Dejeu

badjeepr

Re: EMT east of Dixie HWY in S Florida

you're not going to find anything in the NEC that states that...check your state requirements

jwelectric

Originally posted by ddejeu:
For the longest time it has been common knowledge that you're not allowed to run EMT east of Dixie WHY in outside areas.
One of the jobs I'm doing I'm being aked by the engieer to show some documentation about this rule.
I have tried to look up a few venues and really can not come up with anything.
Can someone help me out and let me know, is this rule still in effect? And if yes, where I can find it?

Thank you.

Daniel Dejeu
Is this highway 50?
:)

bphgravity

I don't think anything should be installed east of the dixie hwy, but I'm not worried, Mother Nature will reclaim that land someday.

There is no such rule nor am I aware there ever was. I know Miami-Dade does not adopt the FBC and have their own requirements that are more stringent than the NEC, but I don't think this is one of them.

I would contact the local building department in the city or county you are working to get a definite answer. Please let us know what you find out.

macmikeman

I think Mike Holt lives around there someplace. Maybe, just maybe he will drop in and let us know if there is such a local rule around there.

bphgravity

Actually, Mike lives in central Florida near Orlando. His office is in Fort Lauderdale. If you want to see Mike, just go to the Orlando Speedworld in east Orlando on Saturday nights. He races stock cars there. (#24 Jeff Gordan replica)

SEIEC

It is my understanding that in the state of florida you follow nec rules not local rules. :D

charlie tuna

mike knows the rule---i don't know if it's still in effect---it's a city of fort lauderdale rule -- mike tells the story in his class about the time he got red tagged for installing emt "east of the highway"--- he fought it!!! knowing mike--he probibly had the rule changed!!!!!

allenwayne

Originally posted by SEIEC:
It is my understanding that in the state of florida you follow nec rules not local rules. :D
Come to pasco county and tell me that after you get tagged for something that was ok to do 1/2 mile away :D

straps

My friend that used to be part of the South Florida Building Code. The city of Hollywood still has it in effect except they changed it last year to allow pvc,ent etc.
I have been told this no longer applies exception as there is always at least 1 exception. Compression fittings must be used.
Have a great day.
People who dont live down here have no idea of the weird things that happen here in south florida.
Time for the exception at least we dont leave our residents left to fend for themselves by leaveing 300 school buses to rust when 10,000 people have no transportation.
As for FEMA they did all right by us every time.
Yea it took the guard 3 days to get here but at least our mayors did not leave they stayed and did there jobs. Period
End of exceptions

Status
Not open for further replies.