Enclosure for a Class 1; Divison 2 Environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjm511

Hi,
I am looking for a way to house/enclose a wireless router in an environment that needs a Class 1, Division 2 rating. Assuming heat is not an issue, would the easiest way to do this be to find an enclosure/box to place the router in and then use conduits with an explosion rated potting compound to run the necessary cabling in and out of the enclosure (a cat-5 run and a cable that hooks up to a wireless antenna)? Any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Pete

pjm511

heat issue

heat issue

I will investigate the heat issue later. I am just trying to wrap my head around all the requirements to house the router and have necessary cables enter and exit the housing without breaking code (i.e. what type of conduit grip, is a potting compound necessary, etc.)
Thanks!

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
Please excuse what may appear to be a rather arrogant attitude on my part, but you don?t seem to be ready to wrap your head around all the requirements. There are plenty and without knowing the installation in detail, there are too many unanswered questions.

I appeal to you to get a qualified consultant that can familiarize themselves with the installation. (There are several around Boston) It shouldn?t take more than four to eight hours, but it?s more than can be answered accurately on this forum.

pjm511

Reponse

Reponse

Fair enough; thanks. I apologize for not putting more detail into my post - I have done a fair amount of research but was looking more for guidelines on this topic to compare to my findings. I now understand it is something that is only covered on a more case basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.