Enphase 3-phase 208V commercial solutions?

AlbertL57

Occupation
Solar maintainer
Does anyone know what Enphase has available now for 3-phase 208V systems? As far as I know, their 3-phase micros (IQ8H-3P) and Commercial Gateway 2 are in "Coming Soon" status. The prior solution was IQ7+ micros and the Commercial Gateway - I assume that's still what we'd have to use, but can the IQ8H-208 can be used instead? The data sheet says it's not for 3-phase applications, only split-phase, but I'm wondering why it can't be used, evenly distributed across the phases.

electro7

Occupation
Electrician, Solar and Electrical Contractor
They have 2 phase 208V options for 3 phase 120/208v systems. Can't remember the model numbers, but they have them.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

AlbertL57

Occupation
Solar maintainer
They have 2 phase 208V options for 3 phase 120/208v systems. Can't remember the model numbers, but they have them.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Yes, there's the IQ7+ micro. I'm wondering if there's a higher-power alternative. The IQ8H-208 datasheet says in can't be used on three-phase systems.

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
I'm not sure what the issue is. Maybe Gateway compatibility or some kind of listing issue. The IQ8H-208 might work but just not be supported.

AlbertL57

Occupation
Solar maintainer
I'm not sure what the issue is. Maybe Gateway compatibility or some kind of listing issue. The IQ8H-208 might work but just not be supported.
Yes, it's puzzling. Electrically, the restriction doesn't make sense - either way it's still connected to two legs of a three-phase circuit. I suspect you're right about it being a Gateway issue - maybe related to powerline comms. Anyway, I've asked Enphase, and will post their response here.

AlbertL57

Occupation
Solar maintainer
I heard back from Enphase yesterday. They confirmed that "The IQ8H 208 V Microinverter is designed for 208 V single-phase, grid-tied only applications. It cannot be used in three-phase or off-grid applications." and that the IQ7/IQ7+ are the only available options for three-phase systems. They referenced https://enphase.com/installers/commercial , which shows their three-phase micros (IQ8P-3P and IQ8H-3P) as "coming soon".