ENT above suspended ceiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael

While at the supply house. I was having a conversation with another electrician and he was complaining that he started to work on a small retail store and began the job running Blue ENT. He met with the local electrical inspector just to go over a few things being he never did work in this county before. The inspector told him the ENT was ok provided the suspended ceiling didn't get any insulation above the ceiling tiles. Due to excessive heat.It turns out it will be insulated.So he had to remove the ENT that had already run.He did not give him an article number.Looking at article 362.12(3)(4) I'm trying to understand the 50 deg.C(122degF).Is this the actual temp. of the conduit,raceway or conducters going into the raceway.I've seen ENT run in residential attics and commercial stores and offices above suspended ceilings with insulation many times.Thank you in advance for any explanations.

Re: ENT above suspended ceiling

Art.362.10 shows all the uses allowed & it says it can be in concealed areas includeing ceilings but yes the ambient temp can not be in excess of 50 degree as you mentioned as listed in Art.362.12.

Status
Not open for further replies.