Ent

Status
Not open for further replies.

southernboys

Just wondering how many of you guys use this stuff. In Al we have used it to rough condo slabs in, and to wire ac units in. Where used with the ac we run pvc pipe to the roof top unit and tie the roof top unit into the panel through a jbox. Now when you get into Fl it has been outlawed. No matter where you want to use it you cant. Heck they wont even sell it in Fl. SO what is yalls opinion of the blue stuff?

mc5w

Re: Ent

Wire pulling through the stuff is rather hard. Liquidtight flexible metal conduit is actually a lot easier.

I have also installed and modified a lot in the way of liquidtight flexible nonmetallic conduit. Need to use wire pulling lubricant to get the fish tape in!

One time somebody who worked his way through seminary by working for his dad as an electrician in Canada told me that when they went to pull in the wires in electrical METALLIC tubing they could not get the fish tape through. Eventually, they found a rather large nail that some beast managed to drive through the EMT. That takes a rather strong arm!

allenwayne

I saw it yesterday in a home depot,you can buy the pipe but they don`t stock the fittings :roll: this was in springhil FL.

redfish

It's common to use it around here (Rio Grande Valley, TX) on commercial jobs, only in concealed locations. It's great if you know how to install it. Don't make runs longer than 75' or so, make wide sweeps with it and no sharp turns.Also a common pvc fitting will work with it. :)

shocker3218

currently using in an extended stay hotel. Have not used for 10 years prior to this. As long as it is installed properly, and gradual bends it works great. A nylon fishtape makes wirepulling a lot easier. We are using regular "smurf" connectors, that once installed, you cannot remove the EMT from the connector without destroying it, and getting it back out of the box is also very hard. Nice to work with in 1500 ft. spools. (used up 10 of them so far)

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician

Don't drop a bundle of it on the concrete floor in cold weather....you will have thousands of little pieces.
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.