Entering the solar market

Status
Not open for further replies.

knoppdude

Hello, I am contracting in CA, and am interested in the solar market for residential settings. California now has a solar contractor classification, which includes years of experience and the usual test to obtain. This is recent as far as I know. I was planning on getting training at a nearby school, but now I am not sure if the C10 would be adequate to perform solar installs with the training. Does anyone in CA have any knowledge in this area. I checked the CSLB website, and it seems to indicate that Electrical contractors can indeed install solar systems. Any thoughts and ideas are greatly appreciated, and thank you all in advance.

bauler

Yes, with your C-10 license will allow you to install solar. Look at the definition of a electrical contractor c-10. I think the solar classification allows you to do water heating, ect.
Good luck.

An electrical contractor places, installs, erects or connects any electrical wires, fixtures, appliances, apparatus, raceways, conduits, solar photovoltaic cells or any part thereof, which generate, transmit, transform or utilize electrical energy in any form or for any purpose.

Authority cited: Sections 7008 and 7059, Reference: Sections 7058 and 7059 (Business and Professions Code)

czars

Czars
Occupation
Florida Certified Electrical Contractor
You may be in luck. Mike Holt is offering a Solar Power Boot Camp Seminar next month. Check this web site for details.

knoppdude

Thanks for the responses. I re-read the scope of work for CA electrical contractors, and it does allow for solar installation. As for Mike's solar seminar, I would love to attend, but due to work, I may have to use a local training center, or JC. The fact that Mike Holt is offering this is a good sign that he expects the market for solar to grow.

krisinjersey

Check Out Sharp

Check Out Sharp

Contact Mike Amati with Sharp. He's the director of the training program. They offer classes both on your coast and mine. HE's a great teacher and the training and materials helped us get our solar program up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.