EPO for Spa

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenje

I am wiring up a commercial spa in a clubhouse and the spa contractor did not furnish the epo switch and control box for the pump(s) shutdown. I am looking for a double pole hp rated (3/4 hp 230v) epo flush wall switch for the project. Any ideas on where I might look to find one of these? The supply house does not carry one. Thanks

kwired

Electron manager
I am wiring up a commercial spa in a clubhouse and the spa contractor did not furnish the epo switch and control box for the pump(s) shutdown. I am looking for a double pole hp rated (3/4 hp 230v) epo flush wall switch for the project. Any ideas on where I might look to find one of these? The supply house does not carry one. Thanks

Use a typical control rated switch and a contactor. Your motor is likely already controlled by a contactor just put the switch in series with the control circuit.

GeorgeB

ElectroHydraulics engineer (retired)
Occupation
Retired
The supply house likely has 3 pole switches, possibly called manual motor starters. A quick look at the SquareD (Schneider) website shows their 2510K01 at 2 pole, 30A, and $52 list.

If my link works, here is the pdf.

http://products.schneider-electric....t=datasheet&partnumber=2510KO1&countrycode=us

kwired

Electron manager
How about checking at a pool and spa dealer.

Have never worked on a commercial spa but I am still guessing you will end up running a remote switch that operates a contactor, even if using an assembly that is designed specifically for your application.

Status
Not open for further replies.