equipotential bond 1/2 to 2 Volts handrail to water

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheriffDP

New User
Occupation
Remodeler/Electrician/Plumber/Carpenter/Rile and Masonry
I have a natural swimming pool with an EPDM rubber liner.
I followed all of the "rules" to the code on installation and passed inspection.
There is a 316 stainless handrail that extends from outside the pool to the bottom via a ramp.
The rebar and rail mounts in the concrete pads which are poured on top of the liner are connected to the EB.
The waterfall pump is in the front yard as is the the biofilter pond. There is a stream from the pool (back yard) to the Biofilter pond (front yard) around the side of the house.
With a volt/ohm meter I get a reading of 1/2 to 2 volts from handrail to water. I get a solid 1 volt from the handrail to panel ground. When I ground the handrail to panel ground there is no change to either reading.
There are no other metal objects in the pool at all and all of the water holding systems are EPDM rubber.
Where is the Voltage coming from and how do I stop it.
I tested this because my wife and I both felt the tingle at the handrail. it is more noticeable at the bottom of the rail where it enters the water.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Our forum “rules” do not allow us to assist DIYers. Swimming pools can be tricky..even with an inspection you may of missed something. An experience swimming pool electrical contractor can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.