ES license upgrading to EC

oscarcolumbo

Hello all, I’ve been a member for a long time. I don’t post much, but I’m always reading. I hold an electrical residential ES license since 2017 and I would like to upgrade to an unlimited. I’ve been in the trade since 2009 and have experience in residential, commercial and industrial. I took the ES test because I thought it would be the easiest and quickest thinking I would take the EC soon after. As you all know, once you start a business and open your doors, there’s not a lot of free time. So now 7 years later, I’ve been told I don’t have the time required for experience in the 3 phase field since my license is only residential. The people that told me is API. They specialize in helping people get licensed. They said that I need to have someone with an EC qualify my company for 3 years and then I would meet the requirements. My question is, would the ER license be a better route for me? Can one work in 3 phase with an ER license? If so, then I could take that test and after the three years take the EC correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk