Estimate for relamping parking lot fixture

Status
Not open for further replies.

DW98

I looking to offer a payback analysis to justify LED versus MH parking lot lighting. Currently, initial installed cost favors MH fixtures. What is a good budgetary estimate for a union contractor to relamp a 250 MH fixture on 20' pole. Assume 8 fixtures on the lot.

thanks

Strife

I'm not sold on the LED's yet. I'm hearing a lot of horror stories from my vendors(whole batches going bad in 2-3 months, etc).
So considering the warranty, sure the vendor will replace the lamps, but on a 20' pole that's the smallest expense.

I looking to offer a payback analysis to justify LED versus MH parking lot lighting. Currently, initial installed cost favors MH fixtures. What is a good budgetary estimate for a union contractor to relamp a 250 MH fixture on 20' pole. Assume 8 fixtures on the lot.

thanks

A-1Sparky

I'm not sold on the LEDs yet, either. I've had to replace the guts on 3 out of 12 exterior LED pole lights that were installed less than 2 years ago. They were sold to the customer with the pitch that they would last at least 15 years. I still prefer HPS for most exterior lighting (flood lighting situations).

Status
Not open for further replies.