estimating cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

eck5150

I recently purchased a house with a 60 amp. screw in fuse panel. I want to upgrade to a 200 amp. service. I know everyone bids different but what should I expect to pay just to have the new service set. :D

jpd24

Re: estimating cost

I am a electrician in western Ma.
In this area a fully insured, truck operating contractor is getting around 1400 bucks for a 200 amp service only. At least thats's what I have heard.

jro

If you are an electrician why would you have to hire another electrician to upgrade your service, if you work for a electrical contractor im sure he would not see any problem helping you out with permits, the job itself etc. What gives! Tis should cost you only for material, you supply the labor.

[ September 19, 2003, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: jro ]

gregoryelectricinc

Ballpark of 1200-1600 bucks in my area ($ will vary greatly depending on the area you live in). But why wouldn't you do this job yourself if you are an electrician? Most local authoritys allow a homeowner permit.

bclymer

WOW, I guess I am under price on my bidding, I live in upstate New York right in between Elmira and Binghamton and five miles north of the Pa. border. My service upgrades go for $900.00 for a Cutler Hammer brown handle, $1000.00 for a Square D HO, and $1200.00 for a Square D QO. and also like they said so subtlety if your an electrician than this should be a "no brainer". But-if you live in New York call me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.