estimating house electrical cost website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevenfyeager

Occupation
electrical contractor
Hi, I've been on line looking for quick estimates for wiring houses. There should be a website that does this. However, all I found were cost estimates. But wages fluctuate SO much, I need man-hour estimates. Or, some sites people say you just have to diligently figure each house separately. I disagree. There surely must be a site or calculator that allows you to put in the sq. footage, and if it is all electric or gas furnace. Most states allow NM cable, only a few areas require conduit. Can someone point me to a site or calculator? Thank you.

ceb58

Hi, I've been on line looking for quick estimates for wiring houses. There should be a website that does this. However, all I found were cost estimates. But wages fluctuate SO much, I need man-hour estimates. Or, some sites people say you just have to diligently figure each house separately. I disagree. There surely must be a site or calculator that allows you to put in the sq. footage, and if it is all electric or gas furnace. Most states allow NM cable, only a few areas require conduit. Can someone point me to a site or calculator? Thank you.

Its hard to do a quick estimate with out years for data and experience. There are many that will tell you you cannot do an estimate by the Sq Ft. because electrical is not sold by the Sq. Ft. I estimate by the Sq. Ft. but it is code minimum extras are by the piece.
Craftsman Books has a good software for electrical estimating. I have used it plugging my info such as labor rates and have made money using it. They run high on their material cost so you need to adjust the material rate. But it is a simple program to use.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Or, some sites people say you just have to diligently figure each house separately. I disagree.....

I think everyone in my town except me does square-foot pricing. Some base it on their own history, others just try to beat that guy by a nickel.

The average here for tract homes is $2.85/ft. I know contractors that base their pricing on what the competitors are charging; they have no clue whatsoever what it actually costs them.

It’s closer to $4/ft for custom homes. My average is about $7/ft.

My suggestion is that even if you find a website, so some take-off’s or look at previous jobs and get your own average. You could also shop around just to get an idea of what others are charging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.