Estimating Software and Feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are looking to upgrade estimating software. Having used in the past Estmat and Estimation, we are currently using an Excel spreadsheet. None of these really do what we would like. Basically we work like to be able to print a report from the estimate for use in the field that would indicate feeder origin/destination, conduit type(s), lenghts, with notes for routing, and of course wire sizes/type/Cu-Al/lenghts(also show make-up lengths), crimp connectors, etc. For example a feeder might leave the bottom of a switchboard in PVC, turn up in a wall in GRC/IMC, and change to EMT before entering a panelboard. This feeder will require fittings for multiple types of conduit and possibly pull boxes. There should also be an area for notes such as asphalt coating, tape wrapping, etc. With the high copper prices we feel this area(feeders), should really be closely watched. Is there anything out there that fits our needs? Thanks in advance. -Jim

Brian J.

I would call ConEst, Accubid, and McCormick and have each one of them demonstrate their software to you. Write down all of your questions beforehand and ask them during the demonstration. Be VERY specific in what your needs are and make them show you how it works. What ever decision you make, know that this is a sizeable investment for your company, so make sure you leave no question unasked. Truthfully, all three of these guys have what you need. Bottom line for me came down to ease of use. I have used both ConEst and McCormick. I personally lean more toward ConEst, but again, all three of these guys will do what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.