Estimating Software Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiger4life

Occupation
Business Manager Electrical Construction/Master Electrician
I have been using Electrical Bid Manager (EBM) for 20 years and it has done a good job but now looking for something better. Our company mainly only quotes generator and switchgear work from 25 kW to 1000 kW generators and 200 a to 5000 a Switchgear/automatic transfer switches. So our quotes are heavy on civil (Underground, concrete, and such), Switchgear, and parallel conductors.
I have looked at Intellibid & Accubid (Trimble) but would consider others. I like the assemblies and how Intellibid uses electrical formulas better than EBM mainly on Feeders, since Accubid is now with Trimble not sure about Accubid but going to set up demo.

tiger4life

Occupation
Business Manager Electrical Construction/Master Electrician
Conest is good
Yep did a demo yesterday and Conest was impressive and Accubid I have contacted through web site multiple times and no one has called back so that might be a red flag.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Been using Conest for 10 years; it’s a good program, and they have good support. We switched two years ago to the “cloud” version and I would highly recommend it if you have multiple users.

If you have more than one user, you need a central server running the database. That means to work remotely you need additional software to connect back to your office.

With the cloud version, I can be anywhere with my laptop and work on bids, or if I’m on a job and need to check something on a take-off I can do that using my phone as a WiFi hotspot.

It also is less taxing on my computer to not run the Conest database locally. Conest takes care of the data backups as well with the cloud version so there’s less worry.

You can also run the cloud version on an iPad which isn’t something I do frequently, but I have found it useful at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sassyjac1995

New User
Occupation
Electrical Estimator
Late to the party here but I use Accubid/LiveCount. I've used Conest and have used Electrical Estimation by Trimble but I like Accubid much better than both... Accubid/Livecount is much more up to date, easy to navigate and learn

Status
Not open for further replies.