Estop switch is bad I think

Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

overdriv

New User
Occupation
Retired
I have a Generac 20KW generator with a john deere diesel engine. It has a Deep Sea controller. On the cabinet with the controller is a round, red Estop push/pull type switch. I think it is going bad as once in awhile the controller will alarm that generator is locked out. If I cycle the switch a few times the alarm will reset and generator will again run on weekly schedule. Can online?n I buy this switch online?

Also, the after the weekly scheduled run and after engine has cooled down to ambient, an alarm; "Low Coolant Temperature"will drop, alarm will sound. Alarm will clear, but engine will not start with that alarm down. Could this be a defective coolant temp sensor on the engine?

I'm just a homeowner who bought and installed a Generac SD020 genset that was surplus from a cell tower.
Any help would be appreciated.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I'm going to respond, because I happen to know this, but I'm also leaving the thread locked because we can't allow DIY postings.

It's a known issue that some brands of E-Stop buttons are subject tot he vibration from the engine causing the contacts to open up. Have an electrician change it out for you with a good quality brand of switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.