existing clearances

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jack dromm

I am changing a 42 ckt panel to 200 amp switch in the old panel. the panel does not have full 36 inch clearance in front of it as existing 4 inch risers are in front of it. the blockage is about 6 in . My question is if the inspector faults this who would be responsible. This job is being built according to blue prints issued by an electrical engineer thanks

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
I am changing a 42 ckt panel to 200 amp switch in the old panel. the panel does not have full 36 inch clearance in front of it as existing 4 inch risers are in front of it. the blockage is about 6 in . My question is if the inspector faults this who would be responsible. This job is being built according to blue prints issued by an electrical engineer thanks

The installer would be at fault for not having a preconstruction meeting with an inspector and getting the ok or not prior to installation.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
IMO the licensed contractor is on the hook if he installs a violation even if someone else designed it. In some situations the EC can get paid to correct a mistake made by the EE.

Status
Not open for further replies.