Existing Dwelling Load Calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

manpower

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I have a very complex project going on with a existing 8 unit apartment building that i have taken on as a new contractor in the field the units have #1 ser 2 conductor cable ran for a 100 amp to each unit a previous contractor was hired in 2018 to change out the existing panels in each unit well they started and finished 9 units for a total of 27 apartments a noise complaint was filed to the city and they came out there to investigate the complaint the Electrical Inspector came also and saw these electrician and questioned them what they where doing and they explained changing out existing panels and he asked why was there not any records of a permit filed so no permit filed for this project so inspector fined them and the property owner along with bring the existing meter's up to code by having no more than six throws to the hand i have used there existing online drawing and sent them to the city inspector and got rejected several times i final redrew the drawing got them signed off with state seal now the city wants a new load calculation for the new units i need a little help on this the state electrical engineer came up with 105 amps my question is can i use 83 % has the load calculation i have already completed one unit with 800 amp 4 and 5 stack meter system and also changed manufactures for the gear from Eaton to Square D because the inspector did not like having Oncor locking out disconnect and wanted a customer and utility compartment on that subject about compartment i was watching your online show about the 2020 code changes and wanted to say that the compartment in questioned that the lady was stating about arc flash and working on the gear safely would be by Squared D the ezmu1800cbu but any help on finding the proper load would be appreciated
Thank You

manpower

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
That's what i think to and because it is #1 ser 2 conductor cable the city wants the property owner to replace this and bring each unit up to code along with replacing all aluminum romex i wish i could insert photos and drawings in this post to show how bad this is

manpower

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
i am watching video again of optional method and standard i downed loaded the mike holt excell plug the numbers according le but remember this based on on codes where therenis no two circuit decaited circuits for kitchen and so on paper and going by how many 20 amp circuits there is come up with 105 load on each unit with no i will lose a little money on change teant breakers but my meter bank is rated for 125 amp but the #1 ser cable by fault will only handle 100 amp what is grandfathered in and i know if 25 to 50% of service is touched or upgraded then entire electrical system need to be

Last edited:

manpower

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
i know that this is more than a single employed contractor should handle and pass but not me project like this will make me strong

Status
Not open for further replies.