Expanding Territory/Phone#

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky555

I'm expanding my advertising to an area with a different area code. Is it important to have a "local" phone number in this new territory?

Dave

ultramegabob

Sparky555 said:
I'm expanding my advertising to an area with a different area code. Is it important to have a "local" phone number in this new territory?

Dave

I think most customers wouldnt want to pay long distance to call you, either get a local number or look into getting a 1-800 number, or if you advertise your cell number I know that some blackberry phones and possibly some others can accept 2 sim cards allowing you to have 2 phone numbers in one cell phone, that way you wont miss a call no matter which number they call.

JES2727

Sparky555 said:

Dave
I always look for the local guy when I'm shopping ads, so it may be important to the consumer. But here in central jersey I can be in any of 3 or 4 different area codes within about a 30 minute drive.

tmbrk

We expanded our service area and last year decided to get a second number in a different area code. We are in a couple of phone books and It's my opinion that it looks better to have a local number displayed in your ad. I personally would probably call a local area code number over a different one.

peter d

To me, multiple area codes are a fact of life when you live in small states. It doesn't bother me a bit. It also easily tells me where someone is from.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Here we are in two area codes...they did an "overlay" in place of splitting the existing area code....everyone has to dial 11 digits to make a call...even across the street.

mdshunk

I notice some of the bigger outfits get a local number from every major town they serve. I think that's a little sneaky, but it must payoff from a lead generation standpoint. I can remember working for one such company, and having customers get a little miffed when I told them where our shop was when they asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.