Expectations for pay rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenman215

I am thinking about this same issue, but I live and work in East Nebraska. What is the economy like in Dallas? Is your unemployment rate low and is there allot of construction work going on?

In this part of NE our unemployment rate is about 3.5% and there is a Tun of work. If you are a first year Journeyman you can walk into a shop and start working for $20-25/hr. An experienced Journeyman that can run large jobs will make about $30-40. These rates include 2 or more weeks vaca/sick time and some modest retirement plan. Some shops also give bonuses and vans to drive home.

Just about every contractor has "help wanted" signs on all their vans and one of the larger commercial electrical contractors was recently offering $35/hr + $3,000 hiring bonus for experienced Journeyman. I think our labor rates are about to go up.

One of the rare occasions supply and demand can work in your favor...

knaveman67

I am thinking about this same issue, but I live and work in East Nebraska. What is the economy like in Dallas? Is your unemployment rate low and is there allot of construction work going on?

In this part of NE our unemployment rate is about 3.5% and there is a Tun of work. If you are a first year Journeyman you can walk into a shop and start working for $20-25/hr. An experienced Journeyman that can run large jobs will make about $30-40. These rates include 2 or more weeks vaca/sick time and some modest retirement plan. Some shops also give bonuses and vans to drive home.

Just about every contractor has "help wanted" signs on all their vans and one of the larger commercial electrical contractors was recently offering $35/hr + $3,000 hiring bonus for experienced Journeyman. I think our labor rates are about to go up.
We have a similar situation here in the NW. Even extends to residential trades. There's more work than there are skilled workers.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

electricalist

Id say theres more work here than electricians.
My op was a guy looking to work for with us.. His production is code compliant neat and above average in amount.
He s an A+ installer.
Is that worth what he s asking? Ill have to manage all his rfi s and feed him material.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.