experion masters exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaeljm

I just downloaded the experion requirements for the electrical masters exam and it shows only 100 questions in an open book format. Has the closed book part of the test been deleted?

Re: experion masters exam

Michael,
Just took that exam, no score back yet. I'm in SC, they give you four hours for the exam, which give you about 2 1/2 minutes per question.
80% of the questions were obscure materials, rarely encountered in day to day work, elevators, class three circuit OCP, minimum depth of sealing compound in seal-off fitting...
If you are intending to take I would advise the following, get a Loose Leaf NEC Code book and put Mike's or Tom's Key word index and put in index section of code book...Also get a egg timer...with buzzer, tape over the buzzer to quiet it down so only you can hear...set it for 2.5 minutes on each question, resetting if you finish early on particular question. This will safe you from spending too much time on one particular question, also go through enter test answering the questions you are familiar with prior to falling back to obscure ones..the killing portion of test is time. There were a few motor load calculations...number of on a feeder...OCPD for individual...one or two ohms law. IMHO, my original journeyman's test was more a test of skills needed for the trade...4 hours with 50 closed book, 50 open book and 25 calculations...The Master's I just took was more upon the ablitity to find obscure in a couple of minutes...Good Luck!
Steve

evandriel

Just received my test results and while they weren't as high as I had hoped I did pass. *pats self on back*. Reason for my post though is in Missouri they do NOT allow the Tom Henry key word index or any of the other 'helpful' materials he has available. So you may want to find out exactly what they will allow cause like I said, Missouri allows ONLY the code book and nothing else.

indbuckeye

If your county in indiana doesn't have a licensing requirement, do I have to go to another county to obtain permission to take the test with experior? The only county that I can find reqirements for licensing is Marion (Indianapolis) and from what I hear they are pretty tight on adding new members.

Status
Not open for further replies.