Exterior emergency egress light

GAK

Occupation
EC
I wired a new business in a strip mall that is not able to get the building inspection finaled until we get the front outside emergency egress light working. It is a 6” recessed can with emergency driver with the test button mounted next to it on a single gang.

We have tried two new emergency drivers with no luck getting it to operate properly. So at this point we are looking at replacing the entire fixture or adding any kind of outdoor emergency light.

My supply house can get me a Cooper brand light fixture that has to come directly from the factory at a cost of $600 and long lead time. They also checked with Satco and Acuity but said they had nothing.

I haven’t been able to find anything that looks reputable online.

Does anyone have a lead on where I can buy these fixtures? How the heck can they be so hard to find?

Does anyone know where I could buy an outdoor frog eye style emergency light? The ones I find online I can’t tell if they are really listed or counterfeit.

Johnhall30

Occupation
Engineer
It shouldnt be very difficult to find a light with an emergency battery backup. You have to run a switch leg and a normal hot leg to these fixtures

You could also you a standalone battery backup like a Bodine ELI battery unit and use it on any normal fixture