Fastening plywood or osb

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member
Brian Johns said:
What, are you from the left coast or something?

Pete is from New England like myself.

Oh, and could you please explain, in depth, what the west coast has to do with this thread.

Easy, you had said....
maybe just move the whole mess up and outside.

That is just not done here in New England, I don't think I have ever seen a residential load center located outside in this area.

Not saying there is anything wrong with doing so, only that in this area homeowners would think its odd.

Brian Johns

iwire said:
Pete is from New England like myself.

Easy, you had said....

That is just not done here in New England, I don't think I have ever seen a residential load center located outside in this area.

Not saying there is anything wrong with doing so, only that in this area homeowners would think its odd.

Did i ask you?

Brian Johns

iwire said:
Do I care?

It's called being helpful and if your not into that don't let the door hit you in the rear as you leave.

You should care, you are the moderator. This thread had a title and a question. I gave an answer, i don't care how wrong, absurd, funny, or illegal it might be, it was an answer. In the mean time, all you ever do is critisize me or others. Maybe what i said was to see if the OP knew about the code,no matter what i said, it is not your job to critique it. You may read it, digest it, and file it where ever you may. I think its great that you point out and quote the code in section 113.

It is not your job to reply to and critisize, put down, or turn away the people in this forum.

Brian Johns

08-20-2007, 07:50 AM
iwire
Moderator Join Date: Feb 2003

Treatment of New Members

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To all forum members, I am formally requesting that you no longer publicly question new members qualifications for posting here.

Keep in mind that all new member posts have already been approved by a forum moderator before they show up on the forum.

If you feel a new member is over their head please exercise one of two options.

1) Notify one of the Moderators, I suggest you send a PM to one of us with a description of the problem you see with a post. We will gladly discuss it with you.

2) Do nothing, ignore the post and move on.

The reasons for this should be self evident, we are going to chase away new members if they feel they have to justify their qualifications with the entire membership at large.

Not to mention many times it is just plain rude.

Bob
2007 Chief Moderator Mike Holt Forum

walkerj

Brian Johns said:
08-20-2007, 07:50 AM
iwire
Moderator Join Date: Feb 2003

Treatment of New Members

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To all forum members, I am formally requesting that you no longer publicly question new members qualifications for posting here.

Keep in mind that all new member posts have already been approved by a forum moderator before they show up on the forum.

If you feel a new member is over their head please exercise one of two options.

1) Notify one of the Moderators, I suggest you send a PM to one of us with a description of the problem you see with a post. We will gladly discuss it with you.

2) Do nothing, ignore the post and move on.

The reasons for this should be self evident, we are going to chase away new members if they feel they have to justify their qualifications with the entire membership at large.

Not to mention many times it is just plain rude.

Bob
2007 Chief Moderator Mike Holt Forum

Show us one place anyone criticized you in this thread.

If you can't take the heat stay out the question.

Personally, I don't care how you mount a panel on a basement wall because homes don't have basements here. I'd say about 50% of all resi services in south LA are outside with a 2" bushing for the wires to come in, just like220/221.

Edit: You shouldn't talk to our fearless leader like that

Last edited:

ultramegabob

Brian Johns

Brian Johns

It seems to me you have a chip on your shoulder, I have noticed a couple times you have seemed to take offense to peoples comments that seemed innocent enough from my end.

iwire

Staff member
Brian Johns said:
You should care, you are the moderator. This thread had a title and a question. I gave an answer, i don't care how wrong, absurd, funny, or illegal it might be, it was an answer.

Well I do care if you post 'illegal' information as that is a violation of the forum rules.

flashlight

Occupation
Electrician, semi-retired
"If this is indoors, in a basement, I don't even try to fasten to rubble and stone foundations. I just "hang" a couple 2x4's from the joists above and put the plywood on that. If I'm doing big equipment, those hung 2x4's will be extended nearly to the floor, a pressure treated bottom plate attached, and it will be anchored to the floor. Completely takes the stone wall out of the equation."

I agree about taking the stone wall out of the equation, but I prefer to use steel instead of 2x4s (Kindorff as it's called around here, which I think is similar to Unistrut)

peter d

Brian Johns said:
What, are you from the left coast or something?

Oh, and could you please explain, in depth, what the west coast has to do with this thread.

Bob did a good job of explaining that already. I'll simply outside of the southwestern and southern states (Florida?) putting load centers outside is very rare. As Bob said it certainly is never done here, with jobsite temps being the lone exception.

mdshunk

In FL, they even mount the water heaters in a closet outside, and it's common for some older homes to have the washer and dryer under roof on the back porch. Strange folk.

flashlight

Occupation
Electrician, semi-retired
Yeah, you see that in AZ also, in some neighborhoods. Water heaters, washer/dryers, even fridges and freezers on the back porch.

Status
Not open for further replies.