faster EMT fittings

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
Saves 12 seconds, costs $8.00 more.
Most the RT's I've ever used often need disassembled to get the tube in, maybe about 10-15% will go in without disassembly. And the colder it is when installing the more likely it becomes 100% need disassembly. That saves more than 12 seconds, probably still not worth $8.00 extra though.

Reactions: Zee

Zee

$2.38 for push in connectors
$0.89 for standard compression connector

Last edited:

Zee

Yeah , they are ugly.
Do I care?

That small 1/2" EMT coupling is a piece that is often installed on top of a 28' extension ladder against a wall,
or
.....on a pitched roof, while hunching/bending over to ground level, in 90 degree heat, requiring 2 channel locks and a bit of time.
Often you are messing with two wrenches directly above your co worker who is hanging the inverter......
Multiply that labor by many many couplings.

And yeah, like mentioned above, these conn.s now have 3 little plastic and metal rings/gaskets inside. They are guaranteed to jam and 10% of the time are missing to begin with.

I am not sold, but I am interested.

Anything that gets my guys home at 2 pm rather than 3:30 PM, and also minimizes time spent on roof, is going to make them happier employees. :D

Last edited:

Zee

Plumbers now have this crimper that crimps conn.s and coupl.s onto copper pipe....game changer vs solder, flux paste, butane torch and wire brush on every joint.

we need that for our trade.

kwired

Electron manager
Plumbers now have this crimper that crimps conn.s and coupl.s onto copper pipe....game changer vs solder, flux paste, butane torch and wire brush on every joint.

A lot of what we do does not need to be liquid or gas tight.

I've seen pro press fittings that failed as well - most the time was installer error though.

Reactions: Zee

jusme123

Occupation
JW

Be careful what you wish for

SceneryDriver

Occupation
Electrical and Automation Designer

We need that.. until the revolt begins over the $3k cost of the code-mandated crimping tool and dies. It would make the AFCI debacle look like a tea party.

SceneryDriver

Status
Not open for further replies.