FCI FC-72 RDF Releasing Device Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a FC-72 panel set up for suppression. When testing the abort switch the RDF card indicates (yellow led) when an abort has been activated but does not abort.

Anyone have any paperwork on this card?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

nhfire77

I have a FC-72 panel set up for suppression. When testing the abort switch the RDF card indicates (yellow led) when an abort has been activated but does not abort.

Anyone have any paperwork on this card?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

the yellow LED indicates trouble on the board, or a miswire etc

Is it normal when not in alarm? I forget if the yellow LED lights up on abort, it just might.

Why its not aborting, might be the way you have it wired.

I found the text from the spec sheet, but not the install sheet:

Features

* Powered from FC-72 or FC-72-DL Series Control Panels
* "VALVE DISCONNECT" Switch
* Form "C" Dry Contacts (Transfer On Release)
* Yellow "TROUBLE" LED
* Supervised Transfer Relay

Description

The RDF Releasing Device Interface Module provides a complete single hazard 1.0 amp., 24 VDC releasing output from an FCI FC-72 or FC-72-DL series control panel to an approved solenoid valve. In addition, a "VALVE DISCONNECT" switch is provided which may be used to allow the system to be serviced and/or tested without tripping the releasing device. The releasing device circuit is supervised for open circuits and ground faults.

A yellow "TROUBLE" LED is included to quickly identify RDF service needs separate from the FCI control while simultaneously activating the FCI system trouble circuit. The module also contains a set of dry, Form "C" SPDT contacts which transfer upon release.

Multiple RDF modules may be used to provide more than one releasing circuit within a common enclosure. (We recommend the addition of APS-6 auxiliary power supplies for additional RDF modules).

The RDF is UL Listed for use with any UL Listed compatible release solenoid (max. 1 per circuit) rated 11W @ 24 VDC or less. UL testing has determined that the Skinner Model LV2LBX25 solenoid valve is compatible.

Each RDF module occupies the equivalent of two zone spaces in the control panel.

The RDF module is approved by Factory Mutual Research for use with solenoids in Factory Mutual Solenoid Groups A and B which include the following:

* Skinner Model LV2LBX25, 24 VDC, 1/2 inch (1.27 cm) NPS, 1/2 inch (1.27 cm) orifice
* ASCO Model R8210A107, T8210A107 or 8210A107, 24 VDC, 1/2 inch (1.27 cm) NPS, 3/8 inch (0.95 cm) orifice

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.