Feeder Conductors for a 200 amp Panel(Commercial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yordanys

Occupation
Electrician
Hi Guys,

I'm feeding a 200 amp main lug panel in a commercial place (bakery) should I size my feeder conductor base in 215.2(a)(1) or should I Just use 2/0? I'll appreciate any clarification. Thank you

200 amp x 1.25=250 amp wire size 250 kcmil table 310.15(b)(16)

Conduit size 2 1/2 inch

or

200 amp wire size 2/0

Conduit Size 2 inch

HEYDOG

200 amp would require a minimum 3/0 copper conductor in the 75 degree column! Did you do a load calculation. You need to calculate 100% of non continuous load and 1.25% of the continuous load. You might also be able to use 220.56.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Hi Guys,

I'm feeding a 200 amp main lug panel in a commercial place (bakery) should I size my feeder conductor base in 215.2(a)(1) or should I Just use 2/0? I'll appreciate any clarification. Thank you

200 amp x 1.25=250 amp wire size 250 kcmil table 310.15(b)(16)

Conduit size 2 1/2 inch

or

200 amp wire size 2/0

Conduit Size 2 inch
The 215.2(a) is not the right number. Without looking it up, you can't use that table for other than dwelling. Also, you don't need to size using 125%.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
If your OCPD is 200 amps you cannot use #2/0. What size feeder is required by the load calculation?

yordanys

Occupation
Electrician
If your OCPD is 200 amps you cannot use #2/0. What size feeder is required by the load calculation?
Hi,

I will be using 2/0 as a feeder conductor. Service is 200 amp. I will have a 200 amp meter and a 200 amp disconnect in the basement feeding a main lug panel on the second floor. The panel on the second floor will feed all cooking equipment.

yordanys

Occupation
Electrician
Hi,

I will be using 2/0 as a feeder conductor. Service is 200 amp. I will have a 200 amp meter and a 200 amp disconnect in the basement feeding a main lug panel on the second floor. The panel on the second floor will feed all cooking equipment.
THREE PHASE 120/240V 4 WIRE OH. SHORT CIRCUIT DUTY IS 23,000 AMPS PER PHASE.

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
Hi,

I would rather ask you why you think 2/0 is ok? Where are you getting that size from?

Status
Not open for further replies.