feeder tap

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSXR600

Does anyone see any violation with the following installation?

I have a 75KVA transformer the secondary feeder hits a 200 amp within 10' and is fuse at 175amps. Then leaves the disconnect in an existing 1.5" conduit underground with (3) 2/0 thhn and (1) #6 grn., then hits a jbox and is tapped with 2 feeders each (1.5" pvc with (3)#3 + (1) #8 grd). These feeders are located outside which feed a double wide trailer that has (2) 100 amp panels fused at 100amps.

My biggest concern is the 175 amps is more than enough for the load being served, but am i fine with the panels being 100amp mcb?

iwire

Staff member
Does anyone see any violation with the following installation?

I have a 75KVA transformer the secondary feeder hits a 200 amp within 10' and is fuse at 175amps. Then leaves the disconnect in an existing 1.5" conduit underground with (3) 2/0 thhn and (1) #6 grn., then hits a jbox and is tapped with 2 feeders each (1.5" pvc with (3)#3 + (1) #8 grd). These feeders are located outside which feed a double wide trailer that has (2) 100 amp panels fused at 100amps.

My biggest concern is the 175 amps is more than enough for the load being served, but am i fine with the panels being 100amp mcb?

Sounds like it could meet the code requirements for an outside taps of unlimited length.

GSXR600

Yeah thats definately true i was just worried about the panels adding up to 200amp. considering that there fused at 100 amps each and the feeder being fused at 175 amps.

RUWired

Did you night owls forget about 250.122G? The # 8 awg equipment ground conductor should be a # 6 awg.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.