Feeding Rack Recept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Hey guys. So thinking about how to feeds these as I'm sure there are a few different ways.
1. Run 2" from panel to each one of the racks with all 14 circuits. then run down middle of rack with pipe hitting box between each receptacle and dropping off left/right to each recept. Pipe would reduce in size as circuits drop off.

Attachments

• Capture 2.PNG
    Capture 2.PNG
    113.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    333.2 KB · Views: 15

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I count 15 circuits which would be 30 CCC's and they are probably specked to be 2 wire circuits, this being the case you would start off with the conductors being derated to 45 percent. I would run multiple conduits.

Roger

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
If you use #10 AWG conductors the most CCC's you can install in a raceway will be 20 or 10 circuits to still maintain the 20 amp conductor ampacity. {40 amps * 50% = 20 amps}

masterinbama

If you use #10 AWG conductors the most CCC's you can install in a raceway will be 20 or 10 circuits to still maintain the 20 amp conductor ampacity. {40 amps * 50% = 20 amps}
That's why I suggested wiremold 1 home run per rack. 3000 series with a devider would allow the LV guys to use it too.

Sent from my LML211BL using Tapatalk

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Hey guys. So thinking about how to feeds these as I'm sure there are a few different ways.
1. Run 2" from panel to each one of the racks with all 14 circuits. then run down middle of rack with pipe hitting box between each receptacle and dropping off left/right to each recept. Pipe would reduce in size as circuits drop off.
Instead of the single 2" I would run (2)-1¼" EMT's from the panel to each rack with #10 THHN conductors and divide the circuits between the two runs of EMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.