Few questions

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
In the attached i have one set of 4 sets 4#600 kcmil fed from ct cabinet(not show). Each set is landed on wire-way neutral bus. From the neutral bus one set of 4#600kcmil go to each 4 service disconnect.

Questions

1. Would it create problems if I have one big neutral bar in which 4 sets of 4#600kcmil are landed or one should provide smaller total of 4 neutral buses which land one set of 4#600 kcmil each? Which one?

2. If 4 sets of 600kcmil ate incoming into wireway neutral bar then bonding jumper to enclosure are size of 300kcmil sized correctly or not?

cee18b73afa26a2c62dac8bc67c7304e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_6536.jpg
    IMG_6536.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
In the attached i have one set of 4 sets 4#600 kcmil fed from ct cabinet(not show). Each set is landed on wire-way neutral bus. From the neutral bus one set of 4#600kcmil go to each 4 service disconnect.

Questions

1. Would it create problems if I have one big neutral bar in which 4 sets of 4#600kcmil are landed or one should provide smaller total of 4 neutral buses which land one set of 4#600 kcmil each? Which one?

2. If 4 sets of 600kcmil ate incoming into wireway neutral bar then bonding jumper to enclosure are size of 300kcmil sized correctly or not?

cee18b73afa26a2c62dac8bc67c7304e.jpg

No one?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
That is fine. The bonding jumper is 4*600=2400*12.5%=300

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
For the post #1 question would it be problem to install one big neutral bus or 4 separate neutral buses?
You must supply only (1) neutral bar.
Parallel conductors must start and stop from the same place, if you use individual bars you would have (4) separate feeders.

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
You must supply only (1) neutral bar.
Parallel conductors must start and stop from the same place, if you use individual bars you would have (4) separate feeders.

I dont see how these are parallel conductors? 4 sets of 600kcmil incoming neutral bus but 1 set of 600kcmil feed each service disconnects.

They are connected together line side of trough but they are not connected together at service disconnects.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I dont see how these are parallel conductors? 4 sets of 600kcmil incoming neutral bus but 1 set of 600kcmil feed each service disconnects.

They areconnected together line side of trough but they are not connected together at service disconnects.
The 4 sets on the line side ARE in parallel from a single CT cabinet. As Jim stated they must terminate on a single bus.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation

They are connected together line side of trough but they are not connected together at service disconnects.
You still have not provided enough information.
If they are parallel there must be (1) neutral bar.
If they are separate feeders there must be (4) neutral bars.

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
Since it's from a single CT cabinet they must in parallel.

I see from ct cabinet to wireway neutral bus they are in parallel. They also would be in parallel up to that point if 4 separate neutral buses be provided since the neutral bus would bond to the enclosure.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I see from ct cabinet to wireway neutral bus they are in parallel. They also would be in parallel up to that point if 4 separate neutral buses be provided since the neutral bus would bond to the enclosure.
Correct. Since there is a single CT cabinet those 4 sets must be in parallel until they get to wireway.

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
You still have not provided enough information.
If they are parallel there must be (1) neutral bar.
If they are separate feeders there must be (4) neutral bars.

1 set of 600kcmil fed one service disco. I have 4 sets of 600kcmil. So i have 4 service disco.

Each service disco feeds different loads.

From ct cabinet to wireway the conductors would be in parallel regardless if i provide one neutral or 4 neutral buses. 4 separate neutral buses would be bonded to wireway enclosure making 1 set of 600kcmil parallel up to that point.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
1 set of 600kcmil fed one service disco. I have 4 sets of 600kcmil. So i have 4 service disco.

Each service disco feeds different loads.

From ct cabinet to wireway the conductors would be in parallel regardless if i provide one neutral or 4 neutral buses. 4 separate neutral buses would be bonded to wireway enclosure making 1 set of 600kcmil parallel up to that point.
You cannot use the steel of the enclosure as a method of bonding multiple neutral together.

Are your phase conductors terminated to single bars or to multiple bars? The neutrals must look the same.
Being in parallel means both the beginning and ends terminate on the same bus.

This is a simple question, it should not have taken more than 1 post to answer it, but I am still not sure what your system looks like nor what you are trying to accomplish.