FHA Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

quogueelectric

They basically need to have everything working properly it does not necessarily have to be new but it has to work properly and this is a condition of the mortgage approval so there is usually some urgency to complete these tasks and close on the house sale asap. You will see some very nervous cats tommorrow. Everyone is trying to cover thier position.

wirebender

Thanks.

I know that the inspection report mentions open grounds.
Knowing the part of town this house is in, I doubt there are any grounded receptacles.
What does FHA require on that?

wirebender

billsnuff said:

Thanks, billsnuff, that answers my question. FHA doesn't require much.

I went to the house today and an HI had written up open grounds, no GFCI in kitchen or bath, no smokes in bedrooms or adjoining hall and one receptacle dead in living room.

There were 4 20A circuits ran from a fairly new service panel inside to the old panel which was gutted and used as a j-box. The 4 circuits were tied into the old 2-wire NM. Owner didn't want to re-wire so I put GFCI breakers on 3 of the circuits and an AFCI breaker on the other. I fed the AFCI circuit thru a GFCI receptacle and tapped that circuit at the hall light to feed the 4 new smokes. Put the little stickers on the receptacles and called it a morning.

Oh, yeah. The dead receptacle in the living room most of you have figured out.
-
-
-
-
I turned the switch on!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.