Fiber optic schools

Status
Not open for further replies.

copper123

I am looking to send a employee to a school to become a Fiber Optic Broadband Technician. Can anybody recommend a good school that has all the certification. Anywhere is the country is fine. Also, do they have a certified classification? Do some of you contractors state in your literature that you are a certified fiber optic installer? Any thoughts or suggestions would be great!

Thanks

[ June 26, 2005, 02:49 AM: Message edited by: copper123 ]

mdshunk

Re: Fiber optic schools

I went to a one day deal put on by AMP (now TYCO) in Harrisburg, PA a few years ago to learn termination techniques. Once you learn the basics, it's just a small leap to start using connectors by other manufacturers. I didn't learn anything with respect to testing, installing, and troubleshooting fiber, only termination. I think just about all the manufacturers put on classes at their headquarters for a bargain.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC

Can anybody recommend a good school that has all the certification.

I don't think there is any such thing as certification, least of all for fiber alone. You might want to look into BICSI (bicsi.org). Looks like their OF100 course is what you want.

-Hal

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member

The Light Brigade, out of the Seattle Area, seems to be one of the biggest in the fiber training area.
They have classes nation wide

Status
Not open for further replies.