Field bendable monorail type lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaylectricity

Occupation
licensed journeyman electrician
Anybody know of a good monorail type track lighting? We have a square bar about 30' long and 15' wide. Looking to run the rail along the edge of the bar, bending in towards the bar to shine a light straight down on the bar, then bend out to the egress area to light that up a bit.

Everything I've looked at wants to sell it as a fixture. I.E. 8' and 4 heads. LED would be preferred.

I'm just hoping to buy 90' or so of monorail (or 88' if it comes in 8' lengths) that are linkable, and then buy a few feed kits, some support rods, and however many fixture heads we want. Looking to spend less than $4000, hopefully more like $2500-3000.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
Anybody know of a good monorail type track lighting? We have a square bar about 30' long and 15' wide. Looking to run the rail along the edge of the bar, bending in towards the bar to shine a light straight down on the bar, then bend out to the egress area to light that up a bit.

Everything I've looked at wants to sell it as a fixture. I.E. 8' and 4 heads. LED would be preferred.

I'm just hoping to buy 90' or so of monorail (or 88' if it comes in 8' lengths) that are linkable, and then buy a few feed kits, some support rods, and however many fixture heads we want. Looking to spend less than $4000, hopefully more like $2500-3000.

bruck lighting makes some stuff like this, but it may smoke your price point badly... look and see...

http://www.brucklighting.com/

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
Well, that's exactly what I'm looking for. Don't see any prices, will have to inquire at the supply house.

their national warehouse is in irvine, calif.
a lot of wholesale houses don't deal with this stuff.
not sure if you can buy from them directly.

be sitting down before you hear pricing.
it isn't pretty, but the lighting sure is nice.
i've got a spare boardroom light NIB that was
given to me as an extra... they were gonna throw it out.... !
i priced it when i got it home.... $3,200.

15774 Gateway Cir, Tustin, CA 92780
(714) 259-9959

jaylectricity

Occupation
licensed journeyman electrician
That's a little nicer than we need. I found this which is more our speed. Unless I can get him to shell out for more.

619RuNJaR1L._SY355_.jpg

LED heads are $35 from one of the major lighting suppliers around here (Wolfer's), but this picture came from amazon, so I may look into shopping for what I need there. Only problem is making sure I get exactly the parts I'm expecting. Having somebody from the supplier involved helps because they know which feed kit, how many supports, the couplings, ends, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.