Field wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcp198

Hello,

I'm currently designing a flow system that will be taking in Class 1 Div 2 rated gas samples. All the equipment, i.e. relays, gas detectors, heater, PLC are all Class 1 Div 2 rated. I'm using sealers for the gas detectors, through the sealers will be 24VDC, grounding circuit (reset button), 4-20mA output, and relay outputs. I'm using PLTC wire for all of that wiring. My questions is, wire that is not transitioning from class 1 div 2 area, does it still need to follow NEC 501.10(B) or would it fall under nonincendive field wiring? All of this is also going to be inside of an enclosure if that makes a difference.

Regards,

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
Hello,

I'm currently designing a flow system that will be taking in Class 1 Div 2 rated gas samples. All the equipment, i.e. relays, gas detectors, heater, PLC are all Class 1 Div 2 rated. I'm using sealers for the gas detectors, through the sealers will be 24VDC, grounding circuit (reset button), 4-20mA output, and relay outputs. I'm using PLTC wire for all of that wiring. My questions is, wire that is not transitioning from class 1 div 2 area, does it still need to follow NEC 501.10(B) or would it fall under nonincendive field wiring? All of this is also going to be inside of an enclosure if that makes a difference.

Regards,
I have read your post about a half-dozen times since noon my time. I've come to the conclusion that I simply do not understand your description of the equipment or your question. About the only thing I can say is you do not have nonincentive field wiring from your description so far.

Basically, if you are a manufacturer, this is not an NEC question; it is a product standard question. The product standards you need to consult are ANSI/ISA 12.12.01; ANSI/ISA 60079-29-1, Part 29-1; ANSI/UL 2075; ANSI/ISA 60079-29 and ISA-TR 12.13.03.

Status
Not open for further replies.