Finding jobs to bid on

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started with a really good company here in Augusta Georgia, on the army base here, I was working around this guy who was the foreman and he was 24 years old, he ended up being the owner of the companies son. He is very intelligent and he works right along side of us. Which says a lot about his dads character. I was talking to him about bidding jobs in our area, there from a different city. Where can we go to look for jobs to bid on in our area and the out of town area also, how do we find these jobs

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Ingenieur

most areas have plan rooms
assoc general contractors
builders assoc
some charge fees and also have online access

call some engineers and ask where they post their bid requests
some firms websites will have an 'out for bid' section
gov agencies will post in newspapers

Besoeker

I just started with a really good company here in Augusta Georgia, on the army base here, I was working around this guy who was the foreman and he was 24 years old, he ended up being the owner of the companies son. He is very intelligent and he works right along side of us. Which says a lot about his dads character. I was talking to him about bidding jobs in our area, there from a different city. Where can we go to look for jobs to bid on in our area and the out of town area also, how do we find these jobs

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
We subscribed to a service called Achilles. I'd get a daily email with a fairly long list of current projects some of which matched our criteria. Mostly they were for public contracts like water companies or MOD. I'd be a bit surprised if you don't have something similar there.

pv_n00b

Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
There are basically two sources for RFPs, government and private projects. Government projects are listed on the websites for the institution, Augusta, GA will have a city website where RFPs are posted for city projects for instance. If you are looking in a small area just compile a list of all the government websites and check them out every week or so for new RFPs. If you are covering a larger area where this would take up too much time there are services that do this for you and will email you RFPs based on your search criteria, for a fee. Finding private RFPs is harder since there are usually no centralized websites to search. You just have to get on the vendor list of local architects and engineers so when they have projects to bid out they will contact you for proposals.

kwired

Electron manager
Often times a general contractor is awarded the complete project and you need to subcontract with them, that means getting your name out to them so they can contact you when they have projects for you to bid on. You might end up submitting more then one bid for same project - but to different general contractors.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Finding jobs to bid on

Someone added us on PlanHub.... I get multiple emails every day with ITB’s, and usually a GC calling me off that site 3-4 times a week asking me to bid a project for them.

Edit to add..... im also in Georgia, and I get ITB’s for work in your area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.