Fire alarm communicator

zemingduan

Occupation
Electrical Designer
Is the cellular fire alarm communicator the most popular and reliable option now for the central station to supervise the fire alarm system? I am wondering what if the cellular communicator is located in an electrical room like in the basement with very bad cellular signal?

I know cellular communicator has the antenna. Can the antenna ensure the good signal for this situation? Does the cellular fire alarm communicator has hardwired IP based telephone line as back up? Or you will use internet communicator/ IP based telephone line communicator for this situation?

Thanks!

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
Is the cellular fire alarm communicator the most popular and reliable option now for the central station to supervise the fire alarm system? I am wondering what if the cellular communicator is located in an electrical room like in the basement with very bad cellular signal?

I know cellular communicator has the antenna. Can the antenna ensure the good signal for this situation? Does the cellular fire alarm communicator has hardwired IP based telephone line as back up? Or you will use internet communicator/ IP based telephone line communicator for this situation?

Thanks!
If the communicator is in a less-than-ideal location, all manufacturers offer the capability to install a remote antenna to get the signal out.