Fire Alarm Control Panel for Warehouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Designer69

Would you guys suggest putting in a full blown Fire Alarm Control Panel for a 6500 SF Warehouse or is there a better way to do that these days?

Thank You

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
Would you guys suggest putting in a full blown Fire Alarm Control Panel for a 6500 SF Warehouse or is there a better way to do that these days?

Thank You

"Full blown" doesn't have to mean a Siemens XLS or Simplex 4100ES. What you need is "fully functional". In NJ for a commercial space that means reporting to a Central Station, capacity for manual pull station, and notification appliance power. If the space is fully sprinklered you won't need smoke detectors except one at the panel location. Something like the Silent Knight 6700 would likely be perfect.

Designer69

Thank you!

The space will not have sprinklers so I was thinking to put in heat detectors throughout.

Wouldn't that be preferred to smoke detectors? It is a 129' x 49' auto service type warehouse.

Thanks again

gadfly56

Occupation
Thank you!

The space will not have sprinklers so I was thinking to put in heat detectors throughout.

Wouldn't that be preferred to smoke detectors? It is a 129' x 49' auto service type warehouse.

Thanks again

What is the ceiling height?

gadfly56

Occupation
A sloped ceiling 20' to 23'

I might suggest using linear heat detection instead of spot-type detectors. Much easier to install and test. Mind the reduced spacing requirements for installations over 10 feet high. Start here. There are several makers out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.