Fire alarm employee charged

Status
Not open for further replies.

celtic

Joe Blow...was accused of 85 counts of recklessly endangering another, a Class A misdemeanor. Each count is punishable by a maximum of one year in jail and a $6,250 fine.

Be nice to see how that pans out.

Each count (85) is punishable by a maximum of one year(x85) in jail and a $6,250( x85) fine....for a Class A misdomeanor....somehow I don't see an 85 yr/penalty and $55k fine being enfored here....maybe a year and $25k?

mdshunk

And he was an employee, at that. I betcha that totally blindsided him. Employees (I believe) generally feel insulated by the fact that they work for an employer. That article might make a lot of guys gulp hard.

mdshunk

iwire said:
My guess would be no jail time and nominal fine.
That would be my guess too. Maybe he thought he did a good job "repairing" the system, and he just lacked skill? Perhaps he wasn't aware of the licensing rules, and thought he was squared away because the company principles were license holders? Hard to say. Many guys who ever thought they might like to strike out on their own remain employees simply because they feel insulated from liability. This article seems to put a little chink in that theory, at least in Oregon.

Status
Not open for further replies.