Fire Alarm Question! Smoke detector/Flashing strobe in a living room of a small condo?

Cartoon1

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
A two story small condo building.
  • Two condos on first floor, Two condos on second floor. The condos on first floor and second floor are separated by an exterior corridor.
  • This building will be sprinkled
  • This is in the state of Florida
  • Total of 4 condos in the building
  • An R-2 Type building
  • Ceiling between first floor and second floor is 1-hour fire rated
I'm adding smoke/carbon monoxide sensors in condo sleeping rooms and the corridor that is connected between the sleeping room.

My Questions:
  • Is a manual fire alarm system for the exterior corridor between the building required? Based on the local code below my answer is a 'no'.
  • Are flash strobe/smoke detectors required in a living room? My answer is a 'no'.
Please let me know if im missing something that i overlooked.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

907.2.9.1 Manual fire alarm system.​

A manual fire alarm system that activates the occupant notification system in accordance with Section 907.5 shall be installed in Group R-2 occupancies where any of the following conditions apply:
  1. 1.Any dwelling unit or sleeping unit is located three or more stories above the lowest level of exit discharge.
  2. 2.Any dwelling unit or sleeping unit is located more than one story below the highest level of exit discharge of exits serving the dwelling unit or sleeping unit.
  3. 3.The building contains more than 16 dwelling units or sleeping units.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is also an exception...... for buildings with water sprinklers so that is another one to help with the argument