fire alarm question

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricalperson

does anyone know of any good books/websites where i can learn more about fire alarms? id like to learn about wiring of the sprinkler system alarm too. i understand the wiring of the basic fire alarm but i want to learn more about it. im also having a tough time with sprinkers

DUCKMAN

NFPA Classes

NFPA Classes

electricalperson said:
does anyone know of any good books/websites where i can learn more about fire alarms? id like to learn about wiring of the sprinkler system alarm too. i understand the wiring of the basic fire alarm but i want to learn more about it. im also having a tough time with sprinkers

The NFPA has an online class for several topics. They are self-paced and relatively cost effective.

http://www.nfpa.org/itemDetail.asp?... and professional development/Online learning

DM2-Inc

Nema

Nema

Your best bet is NEMA at www.nema.org/stds

Do a search for the term "Fire Alarm"

NEMA has a training manual but they'll charge you for it. The NICET Study guide is ok if you're familiar with fire alarm systems other than that it more of a "Look here for info on..." and not a "How To".

NFPA 72 offers some good explanations in Appendix A, but here again you'll need a basic understanding of the main body of the standard.

secure15

Fire Alarm Books

Fire Alarm Books

National Training Center's
"Brown Book" is about $100.00
a Great resource and study guide
Mike Sokoly

Status
Not open for further replies.