Fire Alarm System minimum requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAYMAN JOE

What is the minimum required FA device(s) or system for a commercial building? Just a simple office building less than 2000 sq'.

jtester

Most of the time the building code specifies when a fire alarm is required. In my area it is the IBC, and you wouldn't need a fire alarm for a 2,000 square foot business occupancy.

You should consult your applicable building code or call a building official.

Jim T

gmreynol

You probably want to check with your local building department, this is a serious issue. I have seen many buildings which have nothing more than a duct smoke dector and a notification device. I can also tell you that if you have fire sprinklers this can force a complete fire alarm system to be installed. This may be just in my area, and this is just my opinion, good luck.

LAYMAN JOE

My cousin is Nicet certified and he just layed it all out for me. way to much for me to write and thats probably why many have not posted. Anyway, I got my answer. Thanks for the help.

boboelectric

We just purchased a load tester for our fire alarm p.ms.It gives actual battery A.H.and voltage, @ battery temperature. Before this,we replaced batteries when voltage was lower than acceptable.

Bob O.84,Pa.15330

wireman3736

boboelectric said:
We just purchased a load tester for our fire alarm p.ms.It gives actual battery A.H.and voltage, @ battery temperature. Before this,we replaced batteries when voltage was lower than acceptable.

Bob O.84,Pa.15330

where did you buy it and what was the cost,,
Stan

Status
Not open for further replies.