Fire Pump Feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

necnotevenclose

I have a chase that I'm using to bring in the service conduits & fire pump conduits. The conduits will be encased with 2" of concrete, but what I'm wondering is could I use the same chase for the fire pump conduits from the metered board down to the fire pump if the conduits are encased in 2" concrete?

necnotevenclose

Thanks Ohm. I should have added that in addition to feeding the fire pump with normal power via the chase I'm also planning on using the chase with my generator feeder. Is that still okay per code?

My concern is if there is a fault at the utlity conductors could that jeopordize the fire pump conductors?

cadpoint

Thanks Ohm. I should have added that in addition to feeding the fire pump with normal power via the chase I'm also planning on using the chase with my generator feeder. Is that still okay per code?

My concern is if there is a fault at the utlity conductors could that jeopordize the fire pump conductors?

It all depends on why one has a gennie, You went from two to three in a raceway, it's seperate issues of why one has a Genie and why or what, and then a fire pump is also in line. They are all seperate issues that happen to combine!

necnotevenclose

Perhaps I was not clear. I would like to use a vertical chase for my incoming utility feeders and the fire pump feeder from the gen to the fire pump. What I'm not sure of is if the conduits are 2" concrete encased is that sufficient? Or do I need to provide a greater seperation between the utility feeders and the feeder from the generator to the fire pump?

ohmhead

NO geter done theres nothing in the code book and its not a code issue .

They do not have to have seperation show me where in the code article ?

Its just like a duct bank in solid concrete how is it going to get damaged not in this life time .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.