Fire Pump Swithboard Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to here your guys interpetation of this article. Haven't done to many electric fire pump installations. The fire pump motor is 150 HP and in the pump room I am also feeding power to some booster pumps. They want to meter everything separately. So this is what I have proposed for this room. One underground pulll section with no main, to the left a 3CMM and to the right a 1200 amp Meter/Main bolted to the underground pull section.

Article 695.3(1) Electric Utility Service Connection ? A fire pump shall be permitted to be supplied by a separate service, or from a connection located ahead of and not within the same cabinet, enclosure, or vertical switchboard section as the service disconnection means. The connection shall be located and arranged so as to minimize the possibility of damage by fire from within the premises and from exposing hazards. A tap ahead of the service disconnection means shall comply with 230.82(5). The service equipment shall comply with the labeling requirements in 230.2 and the location requirements in 230.72.

My interpretation of this article derives from service disconnecting means. The underground pull section is not a disconnection means as far as I understand it. I would consider the meter mains tapping the bussing to supply the meter sections where the disconnecting means are located. The underground pull section is not supplied with a main breaker and for that reason there is no disconnecting means only disconnecting means exist in the 1200 M/M and 3CMM. Would this application within code.

Thanks for your input

Status
Not open for further replies.