Fire riser room conduit

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricalist

I need to run a new conduit from a come pad outside a bldg to a riser room control panel. It'll be underground outside. Does it need to stay underground till it reaches the controller or can I run conduit on the inside of the bldg?

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
If you mean from a utility transformer pad read 695.6(A)(1) and take note of where it sends you to 230.6(1) & (2)

Roger

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
I need to run a new conduit from a come pad outside a bldg to a riser room control panel. It'll be underground outside. Does it need to stay underground till it reaches the controller or can I run conduit on the inside of the bldg?

Unless you are talking about a fire pump feeder, it can be in conduit, or even free air within the building as a general answer. It always needs protection "where subject to damage", and insurance underwriters and certain high risk facilities may have more stringent requirements for surviveability of the system.

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector

Assuming you are referring to the supply to a fire pump, yes it will have to stay "outside" (stay underground) or use an approved 2 hr. rated wiring method until it reaches the fire pump room.

electricalist

Assuming you are referring to the supply to a fire pump, yes it will have to stay "outside" (stay underground) or use an approved 2 hr. rated wiring method until it reaches the fire pump room.
i went by the shop and did some reading and agree.I found the same thing.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.