Fire/Sprinkler/EOLR help

I have a pretty basic sprinkler tree with two butterfly valves/tamper switches
and a flow switch.

My drawings show a dual input module (addressable) with an EOLR for the tampers and a single input module and EOLR for the flow switch.

The tampers are supervisory N/C with two blues and two yellows.

Where am I meant to put the EOLR for the two tampers?

My head tells me I need three EOLR’s.

Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Doc 2.pdf
    630.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Doc 1.pdf
    234.7 KB · Views: 8
I found a drawing of the dual input module and it shows three devices all in series landed on one individual input with an EOLR.

So now I am wondering why send me a dual input module ?

And why do they reference SC, Simplex references idNET and other systems Signal Line Circuit?

Too many systems out there.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
The drawing you found with three devices in series was how things were done "in the old days". That let you monitor multiple tampers on a single input, which was often on the conventional panel's motherboard or part of an input module for multiple inputs.

Your instincts are correct, if you have a dual input and a single input module, you need three EOL's. The drawing is not clear, especially since we can't see the symbol legend to decipher the intent, but it looks like there is only one (1) addressable input module with two inputs. I don't know where the single input module is supposed to go.

By the way, the label on the single input module doesn't seem to match the manufacturer's nomenclature. That module should be a "FCRMA-I". The nice thing about these modules is that the contact side can be wired Class A. That's not a common feature.

farmantenna

with the valve open it should be an open circuit and the resistor goes across the blue and yellow and panel sees 22k and all is good. When the valve is closed it shorts the blue yellow and the panel trips into its programmed state.

The drawing you found with three devices in series was how things were done "in the old days". That let you monitor multiple tampers on a single input, which was often on the conventional panel's motherboard or part of an input module for multiple inputs.

Your instincts are correct, if you have a dual input and a single input module, you need three EOL's. The drawing is not clear, especially since we can't see the symbol legend to decipher the intent, but it looks like there is only one (1) addressable input module with two inputs. I don't know where the single input module is supposed to go.

By the way, the label on the single input module doesn't seem to match the manufacturer's nomenclature. That module should be a "FCRMA-I". The nice thing about these modules is that the contact side can be wired Class A. That's not a common feature.
Sorry for the late reply: thank you for your help in this matter. Every time I get used to one system, I get introduced to another that makes sense one way but not the other. It’s funny: the drawings for the “dual input” module show two variations for class a and two for class b. Of those four drawings, the leads to any and all devices come from one of the “dual” inputs yet the secondary input is not used.

Whatever. If the tests don’t work, I’ll be there to switch up whatever. It’s just so needlessly convoluted. C’est la vie :p

Last edited: