Fire Stopping Around Conduit Bodies

Status
Not open for further replies.

aramg83

I have conduit bodies that were installed very close to a floor penetration that I need to fire stop with a 3M wrap, around the conduits (and thus, the conduit bodies in their run). This wrap could be easily opened and reattached with the new steel banding straps (to replace those that would be cut off) to later access the conduit bodies.

Does it sound like these conduit bodies are alright per Article 100 I. General "Accessible (as applied to wiring methods). Capable of being removed or exposed without damaging the building structure or finish or not permanently closed in by the structure or finish of the building." ?

Thanks

Gregg Harris

Occupation
Electrical,HVAC, Technical Trainer
I have conduit bodies that were installed very close to a floor penetration that I need to fire stop with a 3M wrap, around the conduits (and thus, the conduit bodies in their run). This wrap could be easily opened and reattached with the new steel banding straps (to replace those that would be cut off) to later access the conduit bodies.

Does it sound like these conduit bodies are alright per Article 100 I. General "Accessible (as applied to wiring methods). Capable of being removed or exposed without damaging the building structure or finish or not permanently closed in by the structure or finish of the building." ?

Thanks

The wrap does not make it non- accessible

Status
Not open for further replies.