First Article on 2011 Proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
The May 09 Electrical Contractor magazine has part 1 of a 2 part article on proposed changes to the NEC by Michael Johnston.
Interesting he and the magazine can publish this information before the ROP is available to the public.

resistance

The May 09 Electrical Contractor magazine has part 1 of a 2 part article on proposed changes to the NEC by Michael Johnston.
Interesting he and the magazine can publish this information before the ROP is available to the public.
Amazing isn't it! :rolleyes:

A snipit from the beginning of the article:
"The National Electrical Code (NEC) development process just keeps rolling along. It is hard to believe that the 2011 NEC revision process is already well underway. It seems like many have just started figuring out what changed in the 2008 NEC, and the 2011 edition will be here before we know it."

Around here it is more like, it seems like many have just starte figuring out what changed in the 1999 NEC. :grin::grin::grin:

The 2011 NEC cycle and NYS is not even sure if we can get out of the 2005 NEC....and then we wonder why so many are confused:mad:

(is it psychotic to be so happy in one sentence and so mad in next?)

Don't feel bad, Pierre. I know people who still believe the 6' kitchen sink-GFI rule is still in effect.

I cannot tell you how many times I heard that in the field when inspecting.

Wait...I have been telling the guys that the 6 foot rule was deleted from sinks, some are just getting used to that...Now the 2008 NEC may be adopted in the next couple of years, and they will have to go back to the 6 foot rule.
Do you think that is going to piss them off?????????????????:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.