Fixture Swap Labor Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnettda

Looking for a labor unit to swap out a 2X4- 2 lamp T12 troffer fixture with a LED 2X4 troffer. Plenty of room above drop ceiling. I am thinking 1 hour each maybe more, Would include removing old fixture separating lamps for recycling, removing plastic diffuser and placing in trash separating ballast from fixture and grouping everything into appropriate scrap piles. Plastic diffusers are super brittle and want to replace complete fixture and not retro fit them.

Then a seperate labor unit for removing ballast in 2 lamp wrap and converting them to install LED tubes.
Thanks

PaulMmn

Occupation
EIT - Engineer in Training, Lafayette College
Two-man team-- one up high to remove/install, one to take bulbs handed to him, take other stuff, remove the ballast, and sort the trash.

I'm assuming the existing fixtures have appropriate 'guy wires' that will be re-used.

James L

Occupation
Electrician
On the swap outs I figure one hour if I'm not taking care to separate anything that gets demoed.

Rebuilding I would figure a half hour each.

But there's a lot of missing context....

Does your labor price have to include all of the time it takes to get all the new fixtures inand old one out of the building? How far are you packing these things? Are you taking them to the 40th floor?

How many fixtures are there? I would hope you or your guys would get more efficient as you go through. But....are you working in and over cubicles or other obstacles?

arnettda

On the swap outs I figure one hour if I'm not taking care to separate anything that gets demoed.

Rebuilding I would figure a half hour each.

But there's a lot of missing context....

Does your labor price have to include all of the time it takes to get all the new fixtures inand old one out of the building? How far are you packing these things? Are you taking them to the 40th floor?

How many fixtures are there? I would hope you or your guys would get more efficient as you go through. But....are you working in and over cubicles or other obstacles?
8ft wide open ceiling with not far to get outside to trailer. I want labor unit to include hauling in new fixtures onboxing and hauling box and old fixture parts out to van.

James L

Occupation
Electrician
8ft wide open ceiling with not far to get outside to trailer. I want labor unit to include hauling in new fixtures onboxing and hauling box and old fixture parts out to van.
There's still missing context.

Are you doing 50 or 800?

The more you do, tge less time each one takes.

Who's hauling scrap off site? You, or just putting into bins for pickup?

I would probably start at the 1 hour and ½ hour I mentioned already, then add a multiplier to account for what we don't know about the job.

Add 25% if there are lots of fixtures and minimal recycle involvement, up to 100% (what Larry said) if it's less fixtures and lots of recycle involvement.

It's just too hard to help with such a vague job description

arnettda

There's still missing context.

Are you doing 50 or 800?

The more you do, tge less time each one takes.

Who's hauling scrap off site? You, or just putting into bins for pickup?

I would probably start at the 1 hour and ½ hour I mentioned already, then add a multiplier to account for what we don't know about the job.

Add 25% if there are lots of fixtures and minimal recycle involvement, up to 100% (what Larry said) if it's less fixtures and lots of recycle involvement.

It's just too hard to help with such a vague job description
Not a big Job
25 fixtures
I am hauling scrap to scrap yard, 10 min drive

Status
Not open for further replies.