Fixture Wattage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Cut attached says 33W but it also says fixture can handle 100 to 277VAC so wouldn't the wattage be different depending on the voltage?

Actually I think I'm wring now that I think about it. When you calculate to get the AMPS you use whatever voltage it is which will give you varying amps.
277V would give .1191 amps
120v would give .275 amps

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    205 KB · Views: 17

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
The wattage would be the same but the current would be lower at the higher voltage.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Got it. So this fixture driver(data enabler) would need (1) 20A circuit? Obviously would not be able to feed (2) of these with (1) 20A circuit!!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    161.8 KB · Views: 16

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
My guess is that the maximum listed current is for the lowest applied voltage rating of 100 volts. So one on a 120 volt, 20 amp circuit should be fine.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
You have to remember the math isn’t quite as simple as the wheel above shows on the lights with ballasts and drivers.

the wheel is great for DC or resistance.

for AC you have to remember its

P= I X E X cos theta (power factor)

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
Something is off on the cut sheet - maybe a misprint. 20 watts would only pull about 0.2 amps at 100 volts, and less for a higher voltage

If it really pulled 16 amps at 100 volts, it would put out about 1600 watts.

Or, does this fixture have a remote driver? If so, maybe the 16 amps is on the load side of the driver? But that would make the voltage only about 1 volt or so.

Still seems like something is off.

Beaches EE

Occupation
Electrical Engineer / Facilities Manager
It does seem that something is missing or not correct on the sheets, one of which shows 33 watts maximum with "all channels full on" and the other 20 watts maximum. 1107 lumens in the LED world typically will require 11 watts of input power.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
The 16A reference is because in IEC countries, 16A is the smallest circuit that can be run, similar to us using 15A as the smallest circuit. That is essentially their way of saying MOCP is 16A.

The fact that is does not actually say that there is an MOCP, which is a requirement by UL here, might indicate that this fixture is not UL listed, so you may want to be careful with that aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.