FL EC Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbeer

Wow- I downloaded the application for FL. EC license and am a little overwhelmed to say the least. Most of it I will figure out, BUT when it comes to the job listing page where they want five jobs for every year you are qualifying listed with location, address, contractor names....... I was a service electrician and will have a hard time remembering 5 jobs.

Anyone have any inside info or words of wisdom? How about one of these?:smile:

easy.jpg

nyerinfl

Don't forget 40% of those jobs on your list must be 3-phase. That application took me over 2 months to fill out 100% and get all the signatures and jobs etc etc. Also for your credit check go to myflorida.com, you must get a credit check from an approved vendor. Then on top of that, after you finally get it out, the Elec board only meets any other month, so you could be waiting 2 or so months before you find out if your application was approved.

dezwitinc

There are companies that will assist you in the submission of these applications.
The money spent with them is well worth it because they know the routine, the shortcuts, the pitfalls, and the right people and phone numbers in case of a problem.
I screwed around with my first application and it took months to get it approved.
I used them for my second application and it sailed right through.
If you are interested, send me a PM and I will forward the info.

I always figured those companies that help you with your application were a huge scam. I mean c'mon how hard can it be?

If I had to do FL again I would absolutely, no doubt, 100% use one of them. It was crazy going through that process. Submit 100% of your paperwork filled out correctly, 1 month later get a letter saying you didn't submit something correctly. Look at your paperwork, yes you did do it correctly, re-submit the same form. 30 days later get a letter saying they don't have another piece of paperwork that you submitted originally. Re-check and re-submit again, same process over and over.

I'm not actually sure what was harder, the test, or the submittal process. There is something wrong with the fact that you can pass the test with less tries than it takes to submit the paperwork.

dezwitinc

Amen Chris.
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who has dealt with this.
Perhaps the process is designed to weed out people who don't persist.
Or is that too much of a conspiracy theory?

Status
Not open for further replies.