Fl Electrical Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
Trying to get the ball rolling to take my FL Unlimited exam. One of the criteria is also to do the FL Electrical Business. I figure I'll get the business one out of the way first to get back into the studying and text taking mode. Figured it would be much easier than the EC exam. Anyway, does anyone have any information to get some prep materials for this exam? Maybe some practice tests or something like that... Seems like everywhere I check, they all offer the EC prep,but nothing for the business section. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Don Burde
:?

First step is to get the latest update of the Florida Contractor's Manual. The book is larger than the NEC and it covers:
Business Planning and Organization
Licensing
Financial Management
Risk Management
Labor and Laws and Employment Regulation
Workers' Compensation
Safety
Construction Contracts and Liability
Construction Lien Law
Project Management

There isn't one thing in each section to know, and it isn't a generic test. You will need to know specifics from each of those sections to pass the test. Basically you need to have a good foundation of each section and then be well versed enough in the manual to be able to find the very specific case and wording that the test asks for. It definitely isn't a test to take lightly. It certainly isn't "much easier" than the EC exam depending on your level of business knowledge.

GBBOLT

Business

Business

How many questions are on the business exam and how much time do you get? I'm in the same situation, but was worried about the business exam more so than the EC!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.