Floor Box install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico97

Occupation
Estimator
Guys i see a lot more commercial offices installing recessed floor boxes & poke throughs.

What is the normal labor factor for chopping out concrete flooring and laying in 3/4" rigid piping?

Also for core drilling say 6". My estimating software seems to allow way to much and its pricing myself out of work

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Sawcut .23/hr per 1ft.
Concrete Removal .07/hr per 1ft.
Jackhammer..... how big is the belly on the operator?

6" cored hole up to 8" deep, 1.6/hr. Unless you hit one full of rebar. Then you might be there a solid day.

I've been using software for years, and as long as you feed it accurate data, it's pretty much dead on. I've made the mistake of backing out hours when I first started using it; those hours might not all go to that task that looks too high, but they go somewhere.

Pivotal_Guy

New User
Occupation
Assistant PM
Keep in mind that buildings with post-tension cables in the deck or slab-on-grade with existing in-slab utilities will generally want the slab GPDR scanned prior to coring/cutting. You also want this done if you’re drilling yourself so you don’t waste time or cause a costly mishap, like severing a post-tension cable and being responsible for that repair. Multitenant spaces (and some single tenants) have rules against coring or sawcutting during regular business hours due to the noise.

We sub out all coring/scanning/sawcutting, or on larger projects, just figure out who the plumber’s coring/cutting sub is and piggyback on so we don’t have to pay for mobilization/demobilization.

Status
Not open for further replies.